Place:


Leasingham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leasingham like this:

LEASINGHAM, a township and a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln. The township lies 2¼ miles NNW of Sleaford r. station, and 4 E of Ermine street; and has a post office under Sleaford. Pop., 381. Houses, 84.—The parish contains also the hamlet of Roxholme, and comprises 2, 959 acres. ...


Real property, £5, 127. Pop., 473. Houses, 99. The property is divided among a few. The present parish is a consolidation of two quondam parishes, North L. and South L. The living is a double rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £924.* Patron, Sir John H. Thorold, Bart. The N church has disappeared. The S church has a tower, with a tall spire; and was recently restored. The parsonage was built in 1840, at a cost of £2, 300. There are a United Free Methodist chapel and a national school.

Leasingham through time

Leasingham is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Leasingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leasingham, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12793

Date accessed: 17th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Leasingham ".