Place:


Kirmington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kirmington like this:

KIRMINGTON, a parish, with a village, in GlanfordBrigg district, Lincoln; 3 miles E of Barnetby r. station, and 7 N of Caistor. Post town, Ulceby. Acres, 1,815. Real property, £2, 833. Pop., 405. Houses, 85. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Earl of Yarborough. A fertile vale here is known as Kirmington Vale. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Brocklesby, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is old, and was restored and enlarged in 1860. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Kirmington through time

Kirmington is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kirmington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kirmington in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12766

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kirmington ".