Place:


Kirkby Underwood  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kirkby Underwood like this:

KIRKBY-UNDER-WOOD, a parish in Bourn district, Lincoln; 3½ miles N by E of Edenham r. station, and 5 N by W of Bourn. Post town, Rippingale, under Bourn. Acres, 1, 340. Real property, £1, 514. Pop., 189. Houses, 38. The manor belongs to Lord Aveland. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £172. Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church is old, and has a tower. There are alms houses with £59 a year, and other charities with £13.

Kirkby Underwood through time

Kirkby Underwood is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kirkby Underwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kirkby Underwood, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12760

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kirkby Underwood ".