Place:


Keelby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Keelby like this:

KEELBY, a village and a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln. The village stands 3 miles SW of Stallingborough r. station, and 7 NE of Caistor; and has a postoffice under Ulceby, and a fair on 10 July. The parish comprises 1,861 acres. Real property, £4, 209. Pop., 842. Houses, 192. The property is subdivided. ...


The manor belongs to George Tomline, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £200. Patron, the Earl of Yarborough. The church is ancient but good; has Norman arches, and a tower; and contains an ancient effigies of Alice South. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.

Keelby through time

Keelby is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Keelby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Keelby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12683

Date accessed: 06th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Keelby ".