Place:


West Keal  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Keal like this:

KEAL (WEST), a village and a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln. The village stands 3 miles SW-of Spilsby r. station, and 16 S of Louth; and has a post office under Spilsby. The parish contains also the hamlet of KealCoates. Acres, 2, 020. Real property, £4, 060. Pop., 511. Houses, 109. ...


The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to W.Amcotts, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £522. * Patron, W.Amcotts, Esq. The church stands on an eminence; is early English; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school of 1854, and charities £7.

West Keal through time

West Keal is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Keal itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Keal, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12681

Date accessed: 25th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Keal ".