Place:


Corston  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Corston like this:

CORSTON, a parish in Keynsham district, Somerset: on the Great Western railway, adjacent to the river Avon, about a mile SW of Saltford r. station, and 3¾ W of Bath. Post town, Twerton, under Bath. Acres, 1, 190. Real property, £2, 730. Pop., 472. Houses, 103. The property is divided among a few. ...


The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath-and Wells. Value, £150.* Patron, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The church is early English; consists of nave and chancel, with a tower; and is in good condition. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, and charities £15.

Corston through time

Corston is now part of Bath and North East Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bath and North East Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Corston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Corston in Bath and North East Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12678

Date accessed: 22nd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Corston ".