Place:


Hundleby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hundleby like this:

HUNDLEBY, a village and a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln. The village stands 1 mile WN W of Spilsby r. station, and 4½ NW of Firsby; and is a pleasant place.—The parish includes Twentylands, 1 mile S of the village; and has 243 acres of allotment in the West Fen. Total acres, 1, 228. ...


Post town, Spilsby. Real property, £3, 060. Pop., 704. Houses, 126. The property is divided among four. The manor belongs to Lord Willoughby d'Eresby. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Va1ne, £118. Patron, Lord Willoughby d'Eresby. The church was rebuilt in 1855; is in the later English style; consists of nave, N aisle, and chancel, with a tower; and has a handsome stone pulpit. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £12. The Spilsby workhouse also is here; and, at the census of 1861, had 141 inmates.

Hundleby through time

Hundleby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hundleby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hundleby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12650

Date accessed: 20th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hundleby ".