Place:


Horsington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Horsington like this:

HORSINGTON, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; 3½ miles NE of Stixwould r. station, and 4 W of Horncastle. Post town, Horncastle. Acres, 1, 700. Real property, £2, 833. Pop., 418. Houses, 89. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £450.* Patron, Magdalene College, Oxford. The church was rebuilt in 1860; is in the early English style; and consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with tower and spire. There are chapels for Independents, and Wesleyans, and a national school.

Horsington through time

Horsington is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Horsington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Horsington, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12639

Date accessed: 25th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Horsington ".