Place:


Honington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Honington like this:

HONINGTON, a parish in Grantham district, Lincoln; near Ermine street, and on the Boston and Grantham railway, 5 miles NNE of Grantham. It has a station on the railway; and its post town is Grantham. Acres, 1, 454. Real property, £2, 425. Pop., 157. Houses, 32. The property is all in one estate. A double ditched Roman camp is here, and many Roman coins and urns have been found. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £214. Patron, Sir T. G. Apreece.The church is old but good, and contains monuments of the Hasseys. Charities, £34.

Honington through time

Honington is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Honington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Honington, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12628

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Honington ".