Place:


Cloford  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cloford like this:

CLOFORD, a parish in Frome district, Somerset; 2 miles NW of Witham r. station, and 4 SW of Frome. Post town, Witham-Friary, under Frome. Acres, 2, 243. Real property, £2, 589. Pop., 218. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £74. Patron, the Rev. J. S. H. Horner. The church is Norman, and was recently restored. Charities, £46.

Cloford through time

Cloford is now part of Mendip district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mendip has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cloford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cloford, in Mendip and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12611

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cloford ".