Place:


Hibaldstow  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hibaldstow like this:

HIBALDSTOW, a village and a parish in GlanfordBrigg district, Lincoln. The village stands near Erminestreet, the river Ancholme, and the Great Grimsby and Sheffield Junction railway, 3½ miles SW of GlanfordBrigg; and has a post office letter box under KirtonLindsey, and a station, jointly with Scawby, on the railway. ...


The parish comprises 4, 390 acres. Real property, £6, 100. Pop., 775. Houses, 165. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to M. D. Dallison, Esq. Roman coins and other Roman relics have been found. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £364.* Patron, alternately the Bishop of Lincoln and M. D. Dallison, Esq. The church is Norman, in fair condition; and has a tower. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, and a national school.

Hibaldstow through time

Hibaldstow is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hibaldstow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hibaldstow in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12599

Date accessed: 26th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hibaldstow ".