Place:


Healing  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Healing like this:

HEALING, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; 1½ mile SSW of Great Coates r. station, and 4 W of Great Grimsby. Post town, Great Coates, under Ulceby. Acres, 1, 327. Real property, £1, 647. Pop., 96. Houses, 18. The property is divided among three. There are two medicinal springs, within 3 feet of each other, but of very different qualities. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £250.* Patrons, the Landowners. The church consists of nave and chancel, with a tower; and is pretty good. The parsonage was built in 1860.

Healing through time

Healing is now part of North East Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North East Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Healing itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Healing in North East Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12542

Date accessed: 24th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Healing ".