Place:


Charlton Horethorne  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Charlton Horethorne like this:

CHARLTON-HORETHORNE, a parish in Wincanton district, Somerset; 3 miles N of Milborne-Port r. station, and 5¼ SW of Wincanton. It has a post office under Sherborne. Acres, 2,363. Real property, £4,334. Pop., 506. Houses, 122. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £384.* Patron, the Marquis of Anglesey. The church was restored in 1846. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £11.

Charlton Horethorne through time

Charlton Horethorne is now part of South Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Charlton Horethorne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Charlton Horethorne in South Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12541

Date accessed: 16th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Charlton Horethorne ".