Place:


Hawerby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hawerby like this:

HAWERBY-WITH-BEESBY, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; on the Wolds, near Old Barton street, 3 miles W of North Thoresby r. station, and 8½ NNW of Louth. Post town, North Thoresby, under Louth. Acres, 1, 179. Real property, £1, 236. Pop., 91. Houses, 16. Hawerby manor, with Hawerby House, belongs to T. J. Harneis, Esq.; and Beesby belongs to the Earl of Yarborough. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £280.* Patron, Southwell Collegiatc Church. The church is early English, with a tower and was repaired in 1846.

Hawerby through time

Hawerby is now part of North East Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North East Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hawerby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hawerby in North East Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12539

Date accessed: 27th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hawerby ".