Place:


Hatcliffe  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hatcliffe like this:

HATCLIFFE, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; 4½ miles WSW of Waltham r. station, and 7 SW of Great Grimsby. It includes Gonerby hamlet; and its post town is Waltliam, under Grimsby. Acres, 1, 370. Real property, £2, 313. Pop., 159. Houses, 35. The propertyis divided among a few. The manor belongs to F. Sowerby and J. Coates, Esqrs. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of West Raveudale, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £353.* Patron, Southwell Collegiate Church. The church is plain but ery good, and has a tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Hatcliffe through time

Hatcliffe is now part of North East Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North East Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hatcliffe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hatcliffe in North East Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12531

Date accessed: 24th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hatcliffe ".