Place:


Harrington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harrington like this:

HARRINGTON, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln, 5 miles NW of Spilsby r. station, and 5½ W of Alford. It has a post-office under Spilsby. Acres, 1,052. Real property, £2,216. Pop., 104. Houses, 23. The manor, with all the property, belonged formerly to the Copledykes and the Amcottses; and belongs now to the Rev. ...


H. J. Ingilby. Harrington Hall is a late Tudor mansion, Italianised. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £300.* Patron, the Rev. H. J. Ingilby. The church was rebuilt in 1854; is in the decorated English style; and contains monuments of the Copledykes and the Amcottses.

Harrington through time

Harrington is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harrington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harrington, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12527

Date accessed: 27th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Harrington ".