Place:


Hareby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hareby like this:

HAREBY, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln; 4 miles W of Spilsby r. station, and 6 ESE of Horncastle. Post-town, Spilsby. Acres, 750. Real property, £1,119. Pop., 93. Houses, 18. The manor belongs to Sir John W. Smith, Bart. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Bolingbroke, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church, excepting the chancel, was rebuilt in 1858.

Hareby through time

Hareby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hareby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hareby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12521

Date accessed: 26th February 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hareby ".