Place:


Potter Hanworth  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Potter Hanworth like this:

POTTER-HANWORTH, a village and a parish in the district and county of Lincoln. The village stands3 miles W of Bardney r. station, and 6 S E by E of Lincoln; and has a post-office under Lincoln. The parish contains also the hamlet of Booths, and comprises 4, 150 acres. Real property, £4, 864. ...


Pop., 413. Houses, 90. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Christ's Hospital, Lincoln. About 1, 400 acresare fen. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £850.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good; and there are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists. The parish may send 11 boys to Christ's Hospital in Lincoln.

Potter Hanworth through time

Potter Hanworth is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Potter Hanworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Potter Hanworth, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12519

Date accessed: 16th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Potter Hanworth ".