Place:


Haltham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Haltham like this:

HALTHAM-UPON-BAIN, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; on the Horncastle canal and railway, near Woodhall Spa station, 4 miles SSW of Horncastle. Post town, Horncastle. Acres, 2, 610. Real property, £, 037. Pop., 215. Houses, 45. The manor belongs to the Honourable and Rev. John Dymoke. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Roughton, in the diocese of Lincoln. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Haltham through time

Haltham is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Haltham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Haltham, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12503

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Haltham ".