Place:


Buckland Dinham  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Buckland Dinham like this:

BUCKLAND-DENHAM, a village and a parish in Frome district, Somerset. The village stands near the Frome river, 2½ miles NNW of Frome r. station; and has a post office under Frome. It formerly was a markettown; and still has a fair on 10 Oct. The parish comprises 1,399 acres. Real property, £2,444. ...


Pop., 459. Houses, 108. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £181.* Patron, the Bishop of Bath and Wells. The church was recently restored. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £11.

Buckland Dinham through time

Buckland Dinham is now part of Mendip district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mendip has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Buckland Dinham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Buckland Dinham, in Mendip and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12499

Date accessed: 18th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Buckland Dinham ".