Place:


Hagnaby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hagnaby like this:

HAGNABY, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln; 4 miles SW of Spilsby r. station, and 5¾ NW of Little Steeping. Post town, Spilsby. Acres, 640. Real property, £1, 500. Pop., 93. Houses, 16. Hagnaby priory occupies the site of a moated Premonstratensian house, which was founded, in 1175, by Herbert de Orreby, and given, at the dissolution, to the Freemans; and it is a handsome mansion, the seat of T. Coltman, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £82. Patron, T. Coltman, Esq. The church is small.

Hagnaby through time

Hagnaby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hagnaby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hagnaby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12487

Date accessed: 20th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hagnaby ".