Place:


Gunby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gunby like this:

GUNBY ST. PETER, a parish in Spilsby district Lincoln; adjacent to the Burgh station of the East Lincoln railway, 5 miles E by N of Spilsby. Post town, Burgh, under Boston. Acres, 606. Real property, £1.187. Pop., 82. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Algernon Massingberd, Esq. ...


Gunby Park is the seat of John H. Holloway, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £170. Patron, the Rev. H. Windsor. The church was rebuilt in the beginning of last century; consists of nave and chancel, with a tower; has a brass of Sir Thomas Massingberd and his lady; and was recently in disrepair.

Gunby through time

Gunby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Gunby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gunby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12480

Date accessed: 27th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Gunby ".