Place:


Farlington  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Farlington like this:

FARLINGTON, a chapelry in Sheriff-Hutton parish, N. R. Yorkshire; 4¾ miles NW by W of Flaxton r. station, and 5½ ESE of Easingwold. Post town, Stillington, under York. Acres, 1, 163. Real property, £1, 811. Pop, , 174. Houses, 36 'T he living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Marton, in the diocese of York. Value, £300. Patron, the Archbishop of York. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school with £6, and other charities with £120.

Farlington through time

Farlington is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Farlington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farlington, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12446

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Farlington ".