Place:


Bathampton  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bathampton like this:

BATHAMPTON, a parish in Bath district, Somerset; on the river Avon and the Great Western railway, 1½ mile NE of Bath. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Bath. Acres, 931. Real property, £3,526. Pop., 382. Houses, 71. The property is not much divided. A series of suburban villas extends onwards to Bath. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value and patron, not reported. The church is perpendicular English; has a fine west door; contains effigies of a knight and his lady of the time of Edward III.; and was repaired in 1858.

Bathampton through time

Bathampton is now part of Bath and North East Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bath and North East Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bathampton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bathampton in Bath and North East Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12409

Date accessed: 22nd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bathampton ".