Place:


Grasby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grasby like this:

GRASBY, a village and a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln. The village stands on the Wolds, 2 miles ENE of North Kelsey r. station, and 3 NW of Caistor; and has a post office under Brigg. The parish comprises 1, 720 acres. Real property, £2, 164. Pop., 433. Houses, 107. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £200.* Patron, S. Turner, Esq. The church is a plain edifice, recently repaired. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, and a national school. .

Grasby through time

Grasby is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Grasby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grasby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12344

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Grasby ".