Place:


Goulceby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Goulceby like this:

GOULCEBY, or Goulsby, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; on the Wolds, near the river Bain, 6½ miles N of Horncastle town and r. station. Post town, Scamblesby, under Horncastle. Acres, 1, 440. Real property, £1, 890. Pop., 3 44. Houses, 79. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £136. Patron, the Rev. J. M. Lister. The church is modern; and there are chapels for Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists, and Free Methodists, and a public school.

Goulceby through time

Goulceby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Goulceby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Goulceby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12328

Date accessed: 18th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Goulceby ".