Place:


Goltho  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Goltho like this:

GOLTHO, a township and a parish in the district and county of Lincoln. The township lies 2 miles WSW of Wragby, and 4 E by S of Langworth r. station. Real property, £1, 227. Pop., 107. Houses, 16. The parish includes also the chapelry of Bullington; and its post town is Wragby. Acres, 2, 540. Real property, £2, 179. Pop., 151. Houses, 22. The property is all in one estate. Goltho House is the seat of the Mainwarrings. The living is a donative in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, not reported. Patron, W. Burton, Esq. The church is modern.

Goltho through time

Goltho is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Goltho itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Goltho, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12320

Date accessed: 08th March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Goltho ".