Place:


Garthorpe  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Garthorpe like this:

GARTHORPE, a township in Luddington parish, Lincoln; on the river Old Don, near the river Trent, 6 ½ miles NE of Crowle. Acres, 1, 380. Real property, £3, 491. Pop., 580. Houses, 131. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists, and a national school.

Garthorpe through time

Garthorpe is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Garthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Garthorpe in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12301

Date accessed: 23rd May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Garthorpe ".