Place:


Frithville  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Frithville like this:

FRITHVILLE, a parish or parochial township in Boston district, Lincoln; 3 miles NE of Langrick r. station, and 4½ N of Boston. Post town, New Bolingbroke, under Boston. Acres, 2, 900. Real property, £5, 532. Pop., 317. Houses, 48. The land was all reclaimed from a state of fen so late as 1812. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £82. Patrons, Trustees The church is modern.

Frithville through time

Frithville is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Frithville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Frithville, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12293

Date accessed: 01st October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Frithville ".