Place:


Penrhos  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Penrhos like this:

PENRHOS, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; on the E coast of the Lleyn peninsula, 3½ miles S W by W of Pwllheli r. station. Post-town, Pwllheli. Acres, 555; of which 103 are water. Real property. £458. Pop., 104. Houses, 24. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Abereirch, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is good.

Penrhos through time

Penrhos is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Penrhos itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Penrhos, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12275

Date accessed: 08th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Penrhos ".