Place:


Dalby  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dalby like this:

DALBY-WITH-SKEWSBY, a parish in Easingwold district, N. R. Yorkshire; on an affluent of the river Derwent, 3¾ miles S by E of Hovingham r. station, and 7½ E by N of Easingwold. Post town, Terrington, under York. Acres, 1, 298. Real property, £1, 665. Pop.,149. Houses. 30. The property is divided among a few. Dalby Bush is a meet for the Simington hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £245.* Patron, the Rev. J. S. Hall. The church is very good. Charities, £5.

Dalby through time

Dalby is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dalby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dalby, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12258

Date accessed: 08th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dalby ".