Place:


Cundall  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cundall like this:

CUNDALL, a township in Ripon district, and a parish in Ripon and Thirsk districts, N. R. Yorkshire. The township bears the name of Cundall-with-Leckby; and lies on the river Swale, 2 miles NNW of Brafferton r. station, and 4¼ NNE of Boroughbridge. Acres, 1, 905 Real-property, £4, 872. ...


Pop., 213. Houses, 38. The parish contains also the townships of Norton-le-Clay and Fawdington; and its post town is Topcliffe, under Thirsk. Acres, 3, 351. Real property, £6, 739. Pop., 392. Houses, 75. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Norton-le-Clay, in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £59.* Patron, W. Heathcote, Esq. There are two churches, both good; and charities £34.

Cundall through time

Cundall is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cundall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cundall, in Harrogate and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12256

Date accessed: 24th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cundall ".