Place:


Crathorne  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Crathorne like this:

CRATHORNE, a parish in Stokesley district, N. R. Yorkshire; on an affluent of the river Tees, 2 miles ENE of Picton Junction r. station, and 3½ SSE of Yarm. Post town, Yarm. Acres, 2, 530. Real property, £2, 823. Pop., 256. Houses, 57. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £205.* Patron, H. Dugdale, Esq. The church has effigies of the Crathornes; and is good. There is a Roman Catholic chapel.

Crathorne through time

Crathorne is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Crathorne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Crathorne, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12244

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Crathorne ".