Place:


Llandudwen  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandudwen like this:

LLANDUDWEN, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; in the Lleyn peninsula, 7 miles W by N of Pwllheli, and 19 SW of Nantlle r. station. Post town, Pwllheli. Acres, 1,331. Real property, £1,123. Pop, 9 4. Houses, 14. The property is divided among three. Madrin is a chief residence. The living is a p. curacy annexed to the rectory of Rhiw, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Tudwen.

Llandudwen through time

Llandudwen is now part of Gwynedd district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gwynedd has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llandudwen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandudwen, in Gwynedd and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12238

Date accessed: 10th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llandudwen ".