Place:


Fiskerton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fiskerton like this:

FISKERTON, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; on the river Witham, and on the Lincoln and Boston railway, near Washingborough r. station, and 5 miles E of Lincoln. It has a post office under Lincoln. Acres, 2, 040. Real property, £5, 237. Pop., 524. Houses, 112. The property is divided among a few. ...


The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £447.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Peterborough. The church is partly Norman; has a brass of 1490; and was reported in 1859 to be unsatisfactory. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Free Methodists. Charities, £34.

Fiskerton through time

Fiskerton is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fiskerton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fiskerton, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12229

Date accessed: 16th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fiskerton ".