Place:


Firsby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Firsby like this:

FIRSBY, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln; on the river Steeping and the Great Northern railway, 2 miles SSW of Burgh, and 4 SE of Spilsby. It has a station with telegraph on the railway; at the junction of the Spilsby branch. Post town, Burgh, under Boston. Acres, 910. Real property, £2, 201. Pop., 237. Houses, 53. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Great Steeping, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £242. Patron, the Rev. Joseph Walls. The church was recently restored. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £13. Bishop Warburton was rector.

Firsby through time

Firsby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Firsby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Firsby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12223

Date accessed: 20th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Firsby ".