Place:


East Ferry  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Ferry like this:

EAST FERRY, a township in Scotton and Owston parishes, Lincoln; 3¼ mil-W of Kirton-in-Lindsey. Real property, £1, 232. Pop., 162 and 28. There are a chapel of case to Scotton and a P. Methodist chapel.

East Ferry through time

East Ferry is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Ferry itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Ferry, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12218

Date accessed: 29th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Ferry ".