Place:


Fenton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fenton like this:

FENTON, a parish in the district of Newark, and county of Lincoln; near the river Witham, 2 miles ENE of Claypole r. station, and 5 SE by E of Newark. Post town, Claypole, under Newark. Acres, 1, 220. Real property, £2, 058. Pop., 103. Houses, 26. Fenton Hall, once the seat of the Lucases, is now a farm-house. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Beckingham, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church has a pinnacled tower, and is good.

Fenton through time

Fenton is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fenton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fenton, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12215

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fenton ".