Place:


Faldingworth  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Faldingworth like this:

FALDINGWORTH, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; 2 miles WNW of Wickenby r. station, and 4 SW by W of Market-Rasen. Post town, Market-Rasen. Acres, 1,820. Real property. £3, 529 Pop., 365. Houses, 69. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £330.* Patron, the Hon.H. Cust. The church is good; and there are chapels for Wesleyans and U. Free Methodists. Charities, £6.

Faldingworth through time

Faldingworth is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Faldingworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Faldingworth, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12207

Date accessed: 18th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Faldingworth ".