Place:


Wood Enderby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wood Enderby like this:

ENDERBY (Wood), a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; near the Horncastle canal, 3½ miles NE of Woodhall Spa r. station, and 3z SSE of Horncastle. Post town, Horncastle. Acres, 990. Real property, £1, 459. Pop., 244. Houses, 49. The parish includes an allotment in Wildmore fen. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Moorby, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church was recently restored. . There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Wood Enderby through time

Wood Enderby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wood Enderby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wood Enderby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12201

Date accessed: 26th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wood Enderby ".