Place:


Copgrove  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Copgrove like this:

COPGROVE, a parish in Knaresborough district, W. R. Yorkshire; on the river Nidd, 2½ miles ESE of Wormald-Green r. station, and 4½ N of Knaresborough. Post town, Staveley, under York. Acres, 832. Real property, £1, 024. Pop., 68. Houses, 14. The property is all in one estate. Copgrove Hall is the seat of T. Duncombe, Esq., and contains some good portraits. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £200.* Patron, T. Duncombe, Esq.

Copgrove through time

Copgrove is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Copgrove itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Copgrove, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12197

Date accessed: 25th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Copgrove".