Place:


Woodford  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodford like this:

WOODFORD, a parish in Amesbury district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 3 miles E by N of Wishford r. station, and 4½ NNW of Salisbury. Post town, Salisbury. Acres, 2,780. Rated property, £3,236. Pop., 500. Houses, 116. The property is divided among a few. A palace of the Bishops of Salisbury was here. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Wilsford. The church is good.

Woodford through time

Woodford is now part of Salisbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salisbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodford, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12176

Date accessed: 17th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Woodford".