Place:


Eastville  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eastville like this:

EASTVILLE, a parochial township in Spilsby district, Lincoln; on the East Lincoln railway, near Bellwater drain, 9¾ miles NE of Boston. It has a station on the railway; and its post town is Leake, under Boston. Acres, 1, 260. Real property, £3, 783. Pop., 246. Houses, 44. The property is divided among a few. The surface is fenny. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value and patron, not reported. The church is modern.

Eastville through time

Eastville is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eastville itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eastville, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12175

Date accessed: 23rd September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eastville ".