Place:


Stanton St Quintin  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanton St Quintin like this:

STANTON-ST. QUINTIN, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; 4 miles NNW of Chippenham r. station. Post town, Chippenham. Acres, 1,820. Real property, £1,510. Pop., 338. Houses, 74. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £400.* Patron, the Earl of Radnor. The church is ancient, cruciform, and good; and was once collegiate. There is a free school.

Stanton St Quintin through time

Stanton St Quintin is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanton St Quintin itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanton St Quintin in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12105

Date accessed: 20th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanton St Quintin ".