Place:


Standlynch  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Standlynch like this:

STANDLINCH, a parish in Alderbury district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 5 miles SE by S of Salisbury r. station. Post town, Salisbury. Acres, 694. Real property, £1,057. Pop., 90. Houses, 12. S. House was built, in 1733, by Sir P. Vandeput; and is now the seat of Earl Nelson, and called Trafalgar House. There is no living.

Standlynch through time

Standlynch is now part of Salisbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salisbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Standlynch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Standlynch, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12102

Date accessed: 24th June 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Standlynch ".