Place:


Dorrington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dorrington like this:

DORRINGTON, a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln; 5 miles N of Sleaford town and r. station. It has a post office under Sleaford. Acres, 680. Real property, £2, 758. Pop., 467. Houses, 102. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £120. Patron, Lord Aveland. The church is ancient, and has early Norman windows. Charities, £46.

Dorrington through time

Dorrington is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dorrington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dorrington, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12049

Date accessed: 10th April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dorrington ".