Place:


Dalby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dalby like this:

DALBY, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln; 3 miles NNE of Spilsby r. station, and 4½ WSW of Willoughby. It includes the hamlet of Dexthorpe; and its post town is Spilsby. Acres, 1, 020. Real property, £2, 346. Pop, 115. Houses, 25. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £79. Patron, Lord Monson. The church is ancient, and was reported in 1859 to need repair. Charities, £7

Dalby through time

Dalby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dalby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dalby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12018

Date accessed: 27th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dalby ".