Place:


Cumberworth  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cumberworth like this:

CUMBERWORTH, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln; 2 miles E of Willoughby r. station, and 3½ SE of Alford. Post town, Alford. Acres, 950. Real property, £2, 166. Pop., 266. Houses, 60. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Anderby, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is good; and there are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.

Cumberworth through time

Cumberworth is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cumberworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cumberworth, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12014

Date accessed: 27th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cumberworth ".