Place:


Croxton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Croxton like this:

CROXTON, a parish in Glanford-Brigg district, Lincoln; on the Wolds, under Yarborough camp, adjacent to the Lincoln and Hull railway, near Brocklesby r. station, and 7 miles NE by E of Glanford-Brigg. Post town, Ulceby. Acres, 1, 630. Real property, £, 2, 750. Pop., 122. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £392.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.

Croxton through time

Croxton is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Croxton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Croxton in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12012

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Croxton ".