Place:


Catwick  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Catwick like this:

CATWICK, a parish in Skirlaugh district, E. R. Yorkshire; 4 miles WNW of Hatfield r. station, and 5½ WSW of Hornsea. Post Town, Leven, under Beverley. Acres, 1,650. Real property, £2,723. Pop., 248. Houses, 51. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £149.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was rebuilt in 1864, and is in the decorated English style. Charities, £7.

Catwick through time

Catwick is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Catwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Catwick, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11991

Date accessed: 16th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Catwick ".